Friday, February 24, 2012

Chalkboard Candle Votives

On Monday I made candles and posted a tutorial!  I wanted to jazz them up a little bit.  

1.  Collect your supplies.  You will need a candle, chalk board paint, accent paint (optional), a paintbrush, and masking tape.  Make your own candle with this tutorial.  

2.  Mark off the space you want to paint with tape.  I couldn't find my stencil or masking tape-- so I used Scotch tape.  Mistake.  I highly recommend not using Scotch tape!!  Use your tape of choice and block off the top and bottom.  Paint chalkboard paint in-between the tape.

3.  Wait for your paint to dry and peel off the tape.  My edges are messy :/  Hopefully your lines are pretty!  I wanted to minimize my messy edge, so I painted a white stripe above my blue chalkboard paint.  

4.  Use chalk and draw or write something!  I drew a heart on one side and wrote LOVE on the other.
Something lovely for your home or a perfect affordable, adorable, and personalized gift!!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap