Monday, December 19, 2011

Felt Flowers

Merry Christmas!!!  

I made some lovely felt flowers and wanted to share some links with you.  Felt flowers are so easy to make and look great as on headbands, pins, barrettes... anything really!  If you have some felt laying around-- you could make a fantastic last minute gift topper!  

I tried to follow this flower pin tutorial but I couldn't get the right shape for the stencil!  The next two flowers below are from my own pattern, which I will post a tutorial for next week.  
For this flower, I cut out several petals and sewed the ends together.  I gathered them tightly and stitched a pearl in the middle.  The great thing about sewing your flowers together rather than using hot glue is that you can push the petals around a bit and have more control over your final shape.
These roses are so simple to make!  Follow this rose tutorial to make yourself a rose or two!
Wishing everyone a happy holiday!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap