Friday, August 26, 2011

Tins for Pins



in a crafting blackout, i came to find myself covered in acrylic paint hovered over two altoid tins.  
i keep my pins and safety pins in these tins- and their ugly altoid covers were starting to get to me!  

although i do like how the tins turned out, the aftermath of the project is disappointing.  i dripped paint on my new berry colored leggings AND stained my reclaimed wood coffee table in two places when I took the pictures of the tins.   


this cockamamie experience reminds me of my dear mother.  she is a wildly talented oil and watercolor painter- yet she spends so much time planning and toiling on silly projects!  i'm always ragging on her to use her time and talents wisely.  if only i would heed my own advice...   im not comparing talent, but yours truly has a laundry list of projects- painted tins certainly not one of them!

"A super-scientific Hallmark U.K. poll has declared that you will basically become your mother at the age of 32."   alas, on my knees attempting to buff pink paint out of the coffee table, i realize that i am a couple of years ahead!-- and it's not a bad thing.  love you mama!!!
  

here's a link to the study about coming your mother:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap