Friday, August 26, 2011

Card Holder



Disappointment of Disappointments!  

I was so looking forward to this project and having rather laughable delusions of crafting grandeur-- fantasizing about pulling my stylish and well crafted card holder from my back pocket at checkout and casually replying to frequent compliments with "Thank you, I made it".  Ha!  

(Please understand, this crafting failure is certainly user error.  The tutorial is wonderful!)

If you are interested at trying your hand with the credit card wallet, here is where I think I went wrong:

I bought heavy weight interfacing and it was too thick.  It was very hard to turn it inside out without creating unsightly wrinkles or making the seams off-center after turning it right side out.  


I had to trim the fabric super close to the stitching to center the seams after turning right side out, and accidentally let one of the pieces loose in the process.  

No problem... Just turned it inside out and stitched it again.  


Yes, you will notice in the upper left-center the white hair-tie that should have been stitched into the wallet by this point.  


Here is my sloppy finished product.  Sadly, the stitching is showing, the seams are lopsided, and when open reminds me of a frumpy pair of mom jeans that unforgivingly hugs in all the wrong places. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap