Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Poinsettia Hurricane Vase


I made this candle vase today following Martha's tutorial for "Holiday Harvest Hurricanes" .  Martha's features autumn leaves and while Thanksgiving came and went-- I'm ready for Christmas!

This is such a beautiful project!  If you buy the stencil kit, you can make one for every season!

A few tips:
**Seriously-- splurge for the Martha products.  I cheaped out on the paint and tape and I was sorry.  I used regular acrylic paint and it was difficult to get a rich, even coat on the glass.  Also, my masking tape peeled up part of the spray painted surface.  I have a feeling the Martha stencil tape would have been a wise investment!
**If you live in a warm climate-- don't stencil in the sun!  The spray paint part got a bit sticky and blemished.

What Christmas crafts have you been working on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap