Monday, October 3, 2011

Fantastic Baby Gifts: Handmade with Love: Part One

I was waiting to give my sister Megan her baby gifts-- but I just can't wait any longer!  Today she is 40 weeks, 6 days pregnant.  I gave her my gifts for baby Ivy yesterday and she squealed with delight.  I will post all of them over the course of this week. 
Keep checking back for great ideas for baby gifts!


To make this Embroidered Love Onesie you will need:
Onesie
Felt
Embroidery floss (2 colors)

Soft interfacing


Cut 4 hearts from your felt. I used homemade felt- but any felt will do!

Arrange them how you like. If you have a larger onesie your hearts may fit across the chest. I used a 0-3 months onesie so I needed to arrange the hearts as a diagonal sash across the body.

Using 3 strands of the first color floss, stitch each heart to the onesie. A running stitch looks great along the border of the heart.

Embroider the word "love" with 3 strands of the second color floss, placing one letter on each heart.


Cut a piece of the interfacing to cover the back of your work. This protects the baby's soft skin from the knots and ends of the thread.

Follow the directions for your interfacing and iron it to the back of your onesie.



Turn it right side out and marvel at your work!




Sadly, Mister G was not able to help with this project because he is chasing skinks and lizards in Florida.  I know he would have liked this because he is ALL love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap