Thursday, August 2, 2012

Slacking on the blog...

Okay, I admit it -- I haven't been keeping up with blogging, and there's no one to blame for it but ME!  The days just seem to go by so quickly, and before I know it, I realize it's been a long time since my last post.  

I've got so many weddings to blog about -- each one different, and each one joyful in its own way -- let me start with a wedding ceremony that was traditional-looking on the outside, but had wonderful humor all the way through!

Here I am, coming down the aisle -- I'm smiling because I know what's going to be coming!


 Ted and Patricia were married in the Rose Garden at Leu Gardens, a wonderfully beautiful botanical park in Orlando.  Their wedding was on April 15th, which fell during a weekend -- Ted works for the IRS, so of course, we included a line or two about why they chose this particular date for their wedding!

But what made their ceremony really humorous were references to Sponge Bob!  On their first date, after a movie, they stopped in at a toy store near the theater, and both of them immediately headed to the Sponge Bob toys.  They knew then that they were meant to be together! 

Besides being so in love, what's wonderful about Ted & Patricia is that they are also best friends -- an important factor in any marriage!  Their ceremony included lots of references to friendship, and also included a Sand Ceremony with their mothers forming the base of the sand in their vase.

Ted was so happy to be marrying Patricia that he answered each one of my questions with an "I Do" without even waiting for me to finish!  He was so thrilled, he just couldn't wait!

The part of the ceremony that was the most fun, by far, was when Patricia put the ring on Ted's finger -- on his right hand!  After a small whisper from me, some laughs from the guests, and Ted putting his left hand out (I referenced it as "the other right hand"), Patricia successfully placed the ring on his finger.

 As I pronounced them husband and wife, the kiss they shared was so sweet and wonderful -- I don't think there was a dry eye in the house!

Thank you, Ted and Patricia, for choosing me to be a part of your joyful day -- may you never stop playing with Sponge Bob toys!

 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap