Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Mister J!

It's my husband's birthday today and I made him a "cheeseburger" cake!  The "bun" layers are homemade Lightning Cake and the "all beef patty" is a Chocolate Lightning Cake.  I made a buttercream frosting for A layer of "mayonnaise" on the bottom and whipped up a creamy decorative frosting for the detail on top.  The cheese is an edible yellow sugar sheet and the sesame seeds are tiny sprinkles.  I also made a watercolor bunting to decorate the cake with.  A cake like this certainly doesn't need anything else to jazz it up, but I want John's birthday to be extra special today!  This cake looks really amazing in person-- but I'm going to spend time with my huzz instead of fussing behind my camera tonight!

The ideas for the cake and bunting can be found at Studio DIY.  I just love all of Kelly's ideas and inspirations!  Have a great weekend!!!  xo, Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap