Friday, August 26, 2011

Peacock Feather Earrings



Inspiration: 

I've always loved feather earrings on people.  When I saw I could make my own, I left skid marks on my way to michaels!  

It took me a while to collect all of the materials.  I looked high and low for the fold over crimp ends and ended up having to order them on Etsy. (Click here to order, they came in 2 or 3 days and she included some beautiful sample beads)

I found peacock feathers at Joann's Fabric.  They come 2 in a pack, and the spots are not very identical- but what goes for eye makeup must apply for earrings-- they need be sisters, not twins.  

The directions for this project are fantastic!  My only struggle was that it was slightly difficult to crimp the crimp end in the center of the feather stem.  The crimp end has a bump in the center of it to help hold the material in place, and I found my feather trying to commit to one side, making it look slightly lopsided.  It took 2 tries on each feather to successfully crimp the crimp end.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap