Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub

I treated myself to a mani/pedi before I left for Jessica's wedding.  It felt like forever since I had my nails done-- honestly I forgot what soft hands and feet felt like!  

After a long day sipping frozen drinks at the hotel pool last week, I used the sugar scrub in the ladies room.  Jessica and Becca had a good laugh because I used too much and it took some effort to get the oil off my hands -- my super smooth and soft hands, might I add!  

As I continued to obsess about my silky mitts, I remembered the sample of Fresh's Brown Sugar Body Polish I got from Sephora years ago.  The product smelled heavenly and moisturized like no other!  It's pricy, so it ranked pretty low on my list of must-haves and I've never used it again.   Lightbulb. "I could make that!" So cliche, I know!!!  After I came home, I put on my apron and started playing around with kitchen ingredients to make my own scrub.  
Ingredients:
1/2 cup coarsly ground coffee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup coarse sea salt
3/4 cup oil of choice

For the best scent, I would recommend using almond or coconut oil (heat it up a bit to a liquid state for easy mixing)!  Also, if you use the scrub in the shower you should clean the shower floor afterwards so you don't slip next time.  It's also a good idea to use a drain filter to avoid clogging your pipes!
Mister G loves how this scrub smells!  (He needs a bath today after he rolled around in the sticky plants!)

Do you have any favorite scrub recipes?  Share them in the comment section!  Happy scrubbing!!  xo, Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap