Friday, April 6, 2012

Strawberry Creme Popsicles Recipe

I made some delicious strawberry cream popsicles a while back.  They were totally bomb.com but my photography wasn't.  I had made the popsicles at night so my lighting wasn't great.  I gave into my irrational expectations that my photos need to look "professional" (despite not having professional training) and decided not to share my recipe.  I didn't even bother to take a picture of the end product with my camera.  (Thankfully I took an Instagram!)  Lucky for you, yesterday I saw these homemade popsicles (yum!) by Chasing Sunshine on Hellocotton.com and it inspired me to share my own tasty recipe on the blog!
Ingredients:
4 cups strawberries, with tops removed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
French Vanilla Cream on Top Yogurt

You will also need: 
Popsicle Sticks
Dixie Cups
Paper
Blender or Food Processor 

Let's get started!  First you will need to purée your strawberries.  Set aside.
Prepare a simple syrup by combining 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar in a small sauce pan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Boil for 5 minutes and stir constantly.  Remove from heat after 5 minutes and cover tightly.  Let cool for 15 minutes.  

Mix strawberry puree and simple syrup together.  

Take half of your strawberry syrup and mix it with the yogurt.  Mix a little yogurt at a time into your strawberry syrup so you get your desired sweetness.  
Spoon a layer of yogurt mixture into the bottom of a small Dixie Cup.  
Add a layer of strawberry syrup.   
 Add a final layer of yogurt mixture on top.  
I couldn't find a popsicle mold...  So I made a little something out of nothing.  Cut a circle out of paper just bigger than the Dixie cup.  Slice a tiny opening in the middle of the paper to slip a popsicle stick into.  
And there you have it.  Freeze your popsicles for at least a few hours until they are frozen solid.  Peel the dixie cup away and enjoy!  :)  I'm no nutritionist-- but I'd say they are pretty healthy too.  I think I made at least 16 popsicles so there is at most 25 calories of table sugar in each popsicle + 2 or 3 tablespoons of yogurt and fresh strawberry.  Not too shabs!  
If you're celebrating Easter or Passover-- my warmest wishes to you for a happy holiday.  My family is coming to visit for a week and I'm so excited to see them.  Especially baby Ivy :)  Do you have any special plans for the weekend?  xo, Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap