Friday, August 26, 2011

Soldering Handmade Vintage Tiles


I was trying to solder the edges of a homemade tile to make a bracelet with.  My mosaic teacher makes beautiful tiles into jewelry, but I had no luck today!  

My tweezer was not an appropriate tool to support the tile, the solder dried with bumps and flakes, and it was in general a nasty, sticky, hot mess!  I did however have the good sense to lay down a folded box on the dining room table before I started  

This begs the question... how successful are first tries usually?  

Bottom line-- I think I give up too easily!  Im going to try soldering again, however I need to find a small dental vice for holding my pieces.  I definitely need an extra arm for this project.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap