Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Home Is Where Your Heart Is

I have seen a few map heart projects on Pinterest like this one and have been so excited to make my own.  I was extra excited to find I had everything I needed at home.  What a perfect project for a very rainy, rainy morning!   

You will need:
A map or old atlas
Scrap paper
Scissors
Frame
Fabric- large enough to fit in your frame twice
Embroidery floss or thread
Needle
Glue and/or tape (I used both but one will do)
Iron

Decide how many and what size hearts you would like and cut them out from scrap paper.  Use your scrap heart as a guide to cut hearts out from your map.  
Glue or tape your map heart onto your fabric.  Cut the fabric just a bit larger than the heart for a sliver of fabric a boarder.  
Take the glass out of your frame and lay it on a piece of fabric.  Cut the fabric to the size of the glass.  Arrange your hearts on the fabric.  I used tape to temporarily keep them in place.  Mister G sure is great company-- he is always at my feet while I craft!  
Use your floss or thread and stitch a boarder around your hearts.  I used a running stitch- but you could get fancy if you'd like!  

My frame has a very small margin where the frame covers the glass.  I trimmed my fabric too small TWICE!  Patience, patience, patience... If you cut your fabric too small on accident, you can stitch it to a larger piece of fabric and cross your fingers it doesn't happen again.
I used 9 hearts for my project and they all represent a special place in my heart!  One for my birth place, one for Johnny's, a couple for the cities we lived in before and after we met, where we first said "I love you", where we were married, and our new home now!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap