Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mother-Daughter-Daughter Crafting Spectacular


The movers come in 15 days-- so it's a packing day.  No crafting for us today.

Good thing I had such a fantastic time at the first annual mother-daughter-daughter crafting weekend to tide me over until tomorrow!  It was so fun to spend a whole weekend creating with my mom and sister.  


My first project this weekend was fixing my broken camera lens.  (I know this isn't crafty and Mister G wasn't there to help-- but it's DIY and very thrifty- so it must be posted!)  

I had dropped my camera while camping and my lens snapped off, breaking the lens mount.  I was googling about how much lens repair costs and I stumbled upon an article about how to replace a Nikon lens mount.  I called Nikon and ordered my part.  




When it came, I realized that I did not have a small enough screwdriver.  I had a feeling that my parents would, so I brought my camera and part to their house this weekend.  My dad agreed to help- which was very much appreciated because it was 100 times harder than I expected it to be.  


You have to remove a few screws and parts, then remove the broken mount...


... attach the new mount, put the pieces back in and screw it shut.  


A DIY success!  
The fixing of the lens took around a half hour and saved me so much money.  
Thanks dad! 


Next project:  breathing new life into this organizational cube.


My mom was purging items from her craft area and asked if I wanted it.  "No! It's so ugly!" It wasn't long after the words fell from my lips that I questioned how late the hardware store was open.  

I bought some spray paint at the hardware store, borrowed some cute fabric from my sister's fat quarters and went to town on it!  


I probably won't use it for knitting supplies, but I wanted to showcase the useful elastic holders for tools of some sort!  

I sewed another pleated pocket skirt this weekend, but I didn't like the quantity of teal/turquoise as a skirt.  I might need to rethink my color choices for the fall challenge.  My sister said they are too springy-- and my 11 year old brother said "just wear what colors you like" which really just confirms what my sister was saying.  I'm thinking of throwing out the turquoise in exchange for a brown or mustard color.  Add some conventional fall into the mix and save turquoise for accents.  

My sister is expecting her first baby later this month.  She made the most precious things for her sweet baby girl.



Meg made this beautiful bird mobile from fat quarters and back yard branches and sweet headbands from girls tights and cute flowers.  



Tomorrow I will finish posting my weekend projects with a brand new tutorial!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap