Saturday, September 10, 2011

Learning to Embroider

John bought me a great book for our anniversary- Embroidered Effects by Jenny Hart.




I like this book because it has a fresh approach to a traditional craft. I have checked out many a musty book at the library about embroidery and it's a beautiful change of pace to read something published after I was born.

This book has wonderful step by step written and picture instructions for each type of stitch. Some stitches even offer a few different techniques which is helpful!

I have really enjoyed learning the stitches! Here is my second try at embroidery. I used French knots, running stitch, isolated chain stitch (lazy daisy), satin stitch, fern stitch, and cross stitch.



I saw this quote posted on twitter by @anthuria :

"In his own garden, every man may be his own artist without apology or explanation."

I live in an apartment and don't have a garden yet- but I sure love embroidering one!

John and I are trading services this weekend. In exchange for me tickling his back- he will accompany me to Michaels so I can use two 40% off coupons! He has previously accompanied me to the craft store and hooked me up with extra deals- but I guess it's how the saying goes... If you're good at something, never do it for free. :)


This is my first time blogging from my phone! Pictures and all! Apologies if this is posted 17 times...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap