Wednesday, May 16, 2012

DIY Wedding: Jessica's Ring Pillow


I can't believe it!  My BFF Jessica is getting MARRIED this weekend!  I am so excited!  How do I contain my excitement?  I get my craft on!

Jessica tried making a bird nest pillow with a satin lining... it didn't go great.  I said, Jessica.  Stop toiling.  I'll take it from here.  Then I promised her a gorgeous lace knit pillow.  I got my pattern and needles out and, wait for it, it was too hard.  (I'm guessing after about 25 more years of knitting I'll be ready to knit one for baby Ivy's wedding.)  I asked Jessica to review this post about DIY Ring Pillows and asked her to give me some input.  We decided on a different ring pillow pattern from Martha Stewart.  That Martha knows how to do a wedding right!!!  
Jessica requested a white linen with teal accent trim.  I couldn't find pre-pleated edge trim at the fabric store, so I made my own.  It was time consuming to mark, fold, pin, and stitch every half inch of 3 yards of ribbon-- but so worth it!  The color is just perfect and I learned a new skill to boot!  Making this ring pillow was mostly catastrophe free, although some parts look a tiny bit off to me.  That could just be because I've been staring at it for a few days now :)  Jessica is no bridezilla- so I know she's going to love it.  I told her, it's not perfect but it's made with love.  That's what a marriage is anyways, right?

I've been getting pretty sentimental about Jessica's upcoming nuptials.  I remember when she first met Leif.  It was 2006, Jessica thought Leif had handsome bike courier style, and I'm pretty sure I invented LAP, leggings as pants.  Believe me, that wasn't a good thing in 2006.  It's been a long courtship and I'm so happy to finally see them tie the knot.  (and so honored to have a little love from my hands in her wedding too!)  The wedding is in Charleston, SC.  I've never been, but I hear it's really a charming town.  All of my BFFs are flying in for the wedding and I couldn't be more jazzed to see them all.  xo, Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap