Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread

I have wanted to make the "Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread" recipe from Annie's Eats for the LONGEST time!  One of my co-workers was in a little fender-bender this week, so I thought a plate of salty-sweet goodness might cheer her up.  Mister G is all sugar-- so he sat by my feet the whole time keeping me company.  
These treats are so delicious! I brought a tray of tiny squares to the yoga studio for students to eat after class.  They were such a hit!  Several people said they would PAY me to bake for them!  I was blushing with compliments.  In full disclosure, yes, I have eaten WAY more Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread than I would like to admit to.  
I really enjoyed making the recipe.  The directions are clear and simple.  I found the recipe to be very easy-- but incredibly time consuming.  It took me 3 hours to make these bad boys!  I don't know about you-- but my baking projects always start later than they should.  I forgot that Daylight Savings was this weekend-- so I found myself taking off my apron at what was basically 2 am!  

My apartment doesn't have a dishwasher-- so I really liked that the recipe works one step at a time.  Shortbread first, then caramel, then chocolate.  It gave me plenty of time to wash my dishes while each layer cooled.  My kitchen was clean about 10 minutes after I finished the recipe!  That's what I'm talking about!  
My one regret is not waiting longer for the caramel to cool before pouring the chocolate.  You can see a big crack between the caramel and chocolate.  If you have the time-- let each layer cool completely before moving on to the next.  

Let me know if you try this recipe!  I'd love to compare notes :)  xo, Ashley

P.S. Be sure to check out my giveaway on Mom2MemphisAndRuby this week!  I'm giving away a $20 Etsy Shop Credit and a Medium Ad Space!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap