Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DIY Natural Deodorant

My friend Jackie and I went on a huge DIY binge this weekend!  The first project I'm going to share with you is how to make a natural, DIY deodorant.  (You know... deodorant with antiperspirant isn't very good for you!)
Jackie found this recipe on Pinterest.  It calls for grapefruit essential oil-- but citrus essential oils are phototoxic.  That means if you apply it to your skin, you are likely to burn and damage more easily. The skin around your armpits is so sensitive-- so to be safe I changed the recipe.  I used tea tree oil instead because it is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic!  It smells great with the coconut oil too!   
Ingredients:
1/4 cup baking soda (aluminum free)
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
4 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
10 drops/shakes tea tree essential oil
A tin or jar
 Mix all of your ingredients in a bowl.
Pour them into your jar or tin.
Pop it in the fridge for a while so it sets and then keep it in a cool, dry place.  I apply it with my fingers and rub it into my armpits.  The coconut oil is so moisturizing and it smells great too!

Stay fresh my friends!  love, ashley


P.S. Have you seen my giveaway on the Shine Project?  If you haven't heard about the Shine Project you should check it out! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap