Thursday, December 15, 2011

Project Updates: T-shirt Yarn and Towel Bath Mat

Hi Friends!

A while back I mentioned that I made a few skeins of homemade T-shirt yarn.  Making the yarn is great-- but knitting with it is difficult.  I generally knit tighter stitches than I'd like to admit.  Knitting with super thick yarn that doesn't have much give when wrapped around the needle is very tricky.  I recently learned to crochet.  I have a vision to dye my white t-shirt yarn a rich turquoise and crochet a circle rug for my kitchen.

Remember the towel turned bathmat project I had been working on?  I was too frustrated while working on this project to take any pictures-- but believe me when I tell you, you're not missing out.

I've given up on the project for a few reasons... It's so messy, takes WAY to long, hurts my fingers, and TRASHED my nails :(   It wasn't long after I decided to 'throw in the towel' that I was happily on my way to purchase a new bathmat.

How are your Christmas projects coming along?  I want so badly to share some of my Christmas gift crafts-- but I need to keep them secret from my friends and family!!!  xoxo, Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fashion Trend © 2011 | All Rights Reserved | About | Privacy Policy | Contact | Sitemap